Thursday, April 19, 2007

Aimlessly Wilfing

On April 10th 2007, newspapers and other media reported on what was described as a "new Internet phenomenon" known as "Wilfing", or "What Was I Looking For" .……. a new term for aimlessly surfing the Internet. This is exactly what I have been doing today since I got to work.
Today is one of those days you wish you were still in bed, instead of being at work.
Anyways, while "wilfing", I discovered the following:

1) A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal – honest!!!! It’s on the BBC website.
2) That men actually do more work than women. Women do more at home, but men make up for it in the workplace. (woteva)
3) Sanjaya Malakar had FINALLY been voted off American Idol.
4) A donkey became a witness in Dallas dispute. Buddy the donkey walked to the bench and stared at the jury, the picture of a gentle, well-mannered creature and not the loud, aggressive animal he had been accused of being.
5) An Israeli woman accidentally bit off part of her boyfriend's tongue during a heated French kiss.

6) That "wilfing" - or surfing the web without any real purpose - has become a new national pastime, according to a survey out this week.


I have now added the above to my burgeoning knowledge of news and I feel at least the day hasn't been futile………either that or I should have just stayed in bed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

akuko ndi mwo'o..HAHA..nice blog sis..never knew u had this much talent..

Idemili said...

"...Or catch the next train."

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I read about the wilfing phenomenon. Cool name huh?

jadedjune said...

idemili....lol.....yeah good point....

Anonymous said...

'catch the next train, pack your bags and go home or get the bus'

Excellent!!

Tracey

Chic said...

I swear me and you go enter the same pant, so na me u wan rubbish. JUNIFA? hissss with your neck like bonga fish

Bitchy said...

I think I could win the wilfing Olympics. Have spent all of today doing just that! I need to get outta my house... Christ!

The link I put to the Naij Documentary does work! And its a you tube trailer not actually their website or anything. They've been very strict about numbers and I got my invitation ages ago. Try emailing actualize@hushmail.com to see if they have any spaces left?

Baroque said...

wilfing? GOSH, how come it took me this long to find out what my disease was called, Jade oh, e get cure? i should post something on what i found out wilfing too, what thinkest thee?