On April 10th 2007, newspapers and other media reported on what was described as a "new Internet phenomenon" known as "Wilfing", or "What Was I Looking For" .……. a new term for aimlessly surfing the Internet. This is exactly what I have been doing today since I got to work.
Today is one of those days you wish you were still in bed, instead of being at work.
Anyways, while "wilfing", I discovered the following:
1) A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal – honest!!!! It’s on the BBC website.
2) That men actually do more work than women. Women do more at home, but men make up for it in the workplace. (woteva)
3) Sanjaya Malakar had FINALLY been voted off American Idol.
4) A donkey became a witness in Dallas dispute. Buddy the donkey walked to the bench and stared at the jury, the picture of a gentle, well-mannered creature and not the loud, aggressive animal he had been accused of being.
5) An Israeli woman accidentally bit off part of her boyfriend's tongue during a heated French kiss.
6) That "wilfing" - or surfing the web without any real purpose - has become a new national pastime, according to a survey out this week.
I have now added the above to my burgeoning knowledge of news and I feel at least the day hasn't been futile………either that or I should have just stayed in bed.