Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Love For Tennis

So I’m a self-confessed tennis freak.
I have no idea why I like it so much. I think I got into it when the Williams sisters’ joined the tour.
So the Monte Carlo tournament is on and unfortunately, I can only watch it when I’m at work as it's on during the day.
I’m used to friends asking me why I love tennis so much and it’s even ok for them to call me a freak…………….but then when work colleagues ask me why I watch it, I get a bit annoyed.
It’s like they find it strange to see me watch it…….and I can’t see why.
Then a friend of mine at work laid it to me straight……she said and I quote, “ Its cos you’re black and black people don’t like high brow sports such as tennis”


I’m wondering if she’s right..……maybe I'm just jaded.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mention how it might have been the Williams sisters who got you interested in the sport, I think that is true of allot of black people (myself included), if your not seeing a reflection of yourself in something it makes it less accessible I think. Great Blog x

Chic said...

who dash monkey banana? tennis ke, you mean ten ten?

Anonymous said...

why dont you take it up on the regular? its really good for your posture, your weight, your flexibility, your stamina and your will power!

sally

The Last King Of Scotland said...

yep, tennis fan here. read my comments on sanjaya. tennis is so exciting this year. finally federer gets beaten and competition is here to stay

jadedjune said...

@ The Last King Of Scotland....abi oo....i personally wud have shot federer if he had beaten Nadal on clay...

Anonymous said...

its none other than ur little cousin.
Tennis is 4 geeks...inface sports are! but its cute that u like it. i miss u lots

NKEM said...

LOL..Sally just used style to tell u something here o..LOL..

jadedjune said...

@ nkem...ode oshi....its not sally....its barbara.

nkem said...

the second anonymous..

The Last King Of Scotland said...

nadal's record is amazing, 76 consecutive clay court victories. wonder when he'll get beaten. he owns the surface.....for now